This ultimate comprehensive photography book is revolutionary in four ways:
- FREE VIDEO TRAINING. Integrated into the book’s content, the author shows you exactly how he took the photos. The print book includes links you can type into your web browser. If you buy the eBook and your eReader can play video (such as the Kindle app on an iPhone/iPad/Android, or the Kindle Fire), clicking the links when you have an Internet connection will load the video directly within your eReader.
- NEVER OUTDATED. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that eBook owners receive for free. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you’ll see them described in both the print and eBooks immediately.
- 350+ HIGH RESOLUTION, ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures demonstrate both good and bad technique, all taken by the author himself in nine different countries. Most photo books use stock photography taken by other photographers. On the eBook, zoom into the pictures by double-tapping your screen (on a Kindle Fire) or pinching-and-pulling your fingers apart (on an iPad/iPhone/Android).
- HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches you both the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, you will master these basic concepts:
- Shutter speed
- Natural light
- Troubleshooting bad pictures
- Using raw files
- Studio lighting
- Night photography
- Macro/close-up photography
Then, you will learn the pro’s secrets for photographing these subjects:
- People (candid, casual, formal, and underwater portraits)
- Wildlife (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
- Sunrises and sunsets
- Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
When pictures don’t turn out the way you hoped, you can refer to Chapter 5 for tips on solving common problems.
- 12/11/2011: Initial release.
- 1/10/2011: Expanded section on baby portraits (including video).
- 1/18/2012: Added links to integrated videos covering aperture and depth-of-field, light painting, HDR, and macro.
- 2/14/2012: Fixed minor reader-submitted errata.
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: $ 13.99